Saturday, August 17, 2013

The habits of geese

Today, my friend and I biked along the river and, after much debate, settled on a nice patch of grass to have a picnic, with a view of the water.


It was a perfectly tranquil, ideal little spot. Until...


...the geese came a'comin. Like a little army, it seemed like they were all called to the river at once.


Normally, I would not say I'm afraid of most wildlife, but I was a bit scared by the sheer amount of geese that were congregating quite near to us. It was fascinating how they all moved as a pack. Until...


...they started moving, one by one, closer to our spot. We were debating whether or not to pack up and run. Finally, they started backing off, again as a pack, as if called by some mythical leader. Then, suddenly, they were completely gone again.


No comments:

Post a Comment