Sunday, August 25, 2013

Rapunzel, let down your hair

Sometimes, I have to really search for a good blog topic. I'll think about my day and strain to think of one moment that stood out from the next. At other points, the topic just hits me over the head. Today was one of those days.

On my cab ride to the bus station, I caught sight of a woman with the longest hair I have ever seen.


No, it wasn't exactly like that. But it was pretty long. Instantly, I thought of my blog. This was one minute I wouldn't forget! My only dilemma was that I hadn't had time to take a picture. I was in a moving car, and she was walking along the sidewalk. I craned my neck, trying to see if she would catch up, since we were stuck in traffic. She didn't. The cab driver looked at me like I was crazy.

I was about ten feet from the the doors of the bus station, when I saw her appear as if from nowhere. Without thinking, instinctually, I immediately whipped my phone out, turned my camera on, and started speed walking after her. I didn't care that I looked like a total stalker. I ignored the funny looks. I had to have that picture!!


Well, I got the picture. See? Such long hair, right???

The moment that will now stand out to me from my day is not the moment when I saw the woman with the longest hair I have ever seen. It will be the moment when all of a sudden I became this crazy stalker woman while also remaining fairly calm, cool and collected (perhaps a career in the FBI is in my future?). What can I say? I had to have that picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment