Friday, August 9, 2013

I know - I get yelled at all the time

I bought a new bike helmet, and now I'm safe to return to the open road! I just had to point out a particularly ironic moment that occurred during my bike helmet purchase.

I was looking at a helmet that had a visor attached, and I was debating whether or not I would want to keep it on the helmet. I asked the man selling me the helmet (who worked in the bike section of EMS) if he wore a helmet with a visor.

"Um...", he said. "I actually don't wear a helmet when I ride my bike."

My face must have transparently shown everything I was thinking, because he went on to say, "I know, I know...I get yelled at all time time. My mom yells at me, customers yell at me....how can I work selling bikes and bike helmets and not ride with one? I just can't bring myself to do it."

Hmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment