Saturday, August 31, 2013

A whiff of Paris

The last time I was in Paris was more than 10 years ago, but I have such vivid memories of the sights, the smells, the sounds and the ambiance that will last with me forever. Today, in front of my favorite bagel shop in Philly, a man was playing his accordion for the passersby and the sidewalk cafe patrons. Immediately my mind flashed to Paris, where, amongst other amazingness, street performing is really an art.


In one of the metro stops that I often passed through late at night in Paris, there was a phenomenal violin player. I felt like I kept getting concert quality music for the euro or two I would give to him.

I do love Philly for the randomness of the street performing. One guy has a puppet whom he makes "dance" to his boom box music. Yet, the sounds of the Parisian musicians will forever ring in my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment