Monday, August 5, 2013

Just go for it

Today I got a text from one of my best friends from childhood that read, "Woohoo, leaving next Friday."

To add some context, she's leaving Philly to produce a show filming chimps on a wildlife sanctuary in South Africa for the next five months. In a week. She went from yesterday, when this project was possibly in the works, to today, leaving in one week.

So many things ran through my head in that moment. I was so proud of her, and I thought about how much I am going to miss her. Yet the part that stood out the most about it for me is the fact that my friend never fails to take the metaphorical leap.

My friend is the type of person that just goes for it. She takes amazing, creative, daring risks, and I'm constantly in awe of her. I think I've been blown away by her courage since we were 10 years old.


No comments:

Post a Comment