Friday, January 18, 2013

Skeletor

As any teacher will tell you, Friday nights are tough. If you're a teacher, you've probably been up since 6 AM, and the last thing you want to do is to try and make it out past midnight. However, there are some exceptions. Like when you are invited to karaoke where a man wearing a skeleton costume emcees and hits a gong when HE feels the performance should be over. Now that's a reason to stay up until 1 AM. Clearly this is yet another pocket of Philly culture I have been missing - this occurs every month, and there were plenty of regular performers. The moment that will stand out from today for me was when Skeletor decided he wanted to sing "All My Life" by K-C and Jojo. I haven't heard this song since my high school days when I would listen to 97.1 Wash FM, and wait in vain for someone to dedicate a love song to me. Even after all these years, I found myself belting out all the words with my friends, dancing like a maniac, and forgetting I had been up since 6 AM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment