Thursday, January 24, 2013

Green Thumb?

I'm really not the best gardener. I've managed to kill almost every plant I've ever owned. I do have a very satisfying memory of planting a lilac bush in the backyard when I was about ten, but I'm sure I was heavily supervised. Point being - usually my apartment is where flowers come to die. About a month ago, the mother of one of my friends gave me an amaryllis bulb that is guaranteed to bloom. After a couple weeks, I was sure that I was the one exception. Nothing was happening! That stupid bulb was just laying there in the dirt. Then, little by little, I started to see some progress.  Later, I saw a little bud. Today, racking my brains, trying to think of a stand out moment to blog about, I happened to glance over at the window, and I saw not one, but two new buds.


Wowza. What a record-setting day :) How long do you think it'll take before I manage to kill this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment