Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Looking Up

Recently someone wise told me that simply the act of looking up can boost a mood. Especially in this dreary part of winter, in rainy/foggy/wintry mixy Philadelphia (why did I leave California again??), on some days in particular it's challenging to rise out of the winter doldrums. However, today as I was shivering my way down my block, I stopped and looked up. There, I saw a window that I had never seen before, with curtains that were pretty much every color of the rainbow. I do reside in an area of Philadelphia that's commonly called "The Gayborhood", so I guess that wouldn't normally be such a surprise. Yet today, in the grey, dark, cold night, something about those bright colors instantly warmed me up inside. All I needed to do was to look up.

Has anyone else looked up recently?



No comments:

Post a Comment