Monday, January 7, 2013

One...One...One

I was in the Rittenhouse library today, tutoring in the Children's Section. There was this little toddler (okay, I'm bad with kids' ages - but I think she was between one and two?), with a woman who was probably her mother. They were walking down the steps and counting them one by one. Well, not exactly. The toddler just kept counting, "One, one, one", while the woman counted the actual number of steps. When they got to the bottom, the toddler would start screaming, which definitely got the attention of all the kids/teens working in the Children's Section. So, the woman would take her up to the top, and they would start walking down and counting all over again. For about ten minutes, all I kept hearing was, "One, one, one", and then screaming. It was the cutest thing I've seen for a while, yet fairly annoying at the same time. Needless to say, my tutee and I were both pretty distracted. I guess the "Quiet in the Library" rule only applies to children over the age of five. Now I can't get that little voice out of my head counting, "One, one, one..." over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment