Saturday, February 2, 2013

Too old to crowd surf

Tonight, at a ska band, I saw several people doing this:

And this:
Even this:

It's like a "Where's Waldo?" to find the people crowd-surfing, but they're there. As I watched person after person throw themselves into the crowd, nearly always almost being dropped and having to be carried like a baby by one of the security guards near the stage, I didn't think of all the fun they must be having. Instead, I gasped to my friends about all of the injuries one could sustain when relying on total strangers to hold their body up. I almost wanted to go up to them and say, "Don't you think you should think about this a little bit more, before you break one of your bones?" Luckily, I kept my cool - at least outwardly. Inside, I was mentally shaking some sense into them. I'm officially too old to crowd surf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment