Friday, February 8, 2013

I won!

I can remember one specific point in my life where I won a random prize. I was eating in Burger King as a child, and I had the lucky number to win one of those little stuffed Coca-Cola Polar Bears. I couldn't believe it, and I treasured that little polar bear for years....although I'm realizing I have no idea where it is now. Winning a prize through a lottery is just random luck. So many people get superstitious, or think there's a strategy to winning, but I don't believe it. Unfortunately, this is not the story of the moment when I won the lottery. Yet I did have a nice moment today where during a fundraiser raffle, I won two free theater tickets. It felt so good to win something without trying. Maybe I'll go out and buy a lottery ticket tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment