Sunday, February 24, 2013

I want it!

So, I've started occasionally frequenting IntenSati classes on Sunday mornings. Hmm, how to describe Sati...it's basically doing a bunch of aerobic moves while saying powerful positive statements. It sounds like the cheesiest class ever - and it is. It's a bunch of women, shouting at the top of their lungs, and not exactly always being in sync. What keeps me going back is a) it's free, b) it's actually a great workout and c) the class makes me feel amazing. The bottom line is that when I'm shouting at the top of my lungs, "I am strong NOW" - I feel strong. There's really no other thought at that moment that's capable of flying through my head. Today's class was all about setting intentions and combining those intentions with actions. So, a good part of the class was spent shouting, "I want it! I want it! I really really want it!"

That all leads up to my moment of the day. I was in SuperFresh, standing in the cereal aisle, and I was trying to grab a box of Quaker Oatmeal Squares. There were three or four people standing directly in front of the cereal, engaged in an intense conversation. I waited a little while, and finally timidly asked them to move aside. One of the men looked at me, and said, "Now don't be shy - what do you want?" I told him I just wanted to grab a box of cereal. He moved right aside and imparted these words of wisdom, "Now just remember - shy girls don't ever get ahead in this world. You got to tell the world what you want!" Had he been in my Sati class?

Maybe the universe is telling me it's time to grab that cereal that I want out of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment