Saturday, February 23, 2013

A spot of color

Today was just one of those days.

I taught Saturday Academy at 9 am to a group of middle schoolers who made it clear they would rather be anywhere but school...and who thought that the antonym for hilarious was scary...

I graded. A. Lot.

I made banana bread that turned out like this (don't ask)...


I played a trivia game called Smart Ass with my friends and I couldn't answer a single question, not even the ones that featured famous authors...

However, one spot of color in my day was the care package I received from my mom containing this:


On my birthday, my mom gave me four or five skeins of yarn (did you notice the technical term there??), and told me to choose a color for my new scarf. Today, exactly one month after my birthday, it arrived! I know she must have worked very hard to knit a scarf in a month - right, people who knit?  I walked out into the rainy, dreary day, but my new scarf lit up the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment