Friday, February 15, 2013

The lonely scarf


Today the weather took a sudden turn for warmer temperatures, although apparently it's supposed to snow tonight. This, by the way, being the third Friday night in a row that it's supposed to snow, is making us teachers mighty mad. It doesn't look like there is a snow day in sight. Yet it was rather nice to switch out my heavy winter coat for a lighter jacket before heading out this afternoon. Yes, I'm now using phrases like "rather nice" after several hours of watching Downton Abbey. My friend and I are newly obsessed. My moment of the day occurred when I noticed this scarf tied around a street sign. Perhaps its owner abandoned it due to the sudden heat wave? Even though the groundhog apparently predicted an early spring, I don't think winter is over yet. Hold onto your scarves!






No comments:

Post a Comment