Friday, March 1, 2013

Bus tales

My moment occurred today when I realized that even if people don't really know each other, or have much in common, pretty much everyone in my generation can bond over taking the bus. I'm not talking about the city buses, where you only have to spend 15 minutes max wedged into a crowd. No, I'm talking about the bus trips on Megabus, Bolt Bus, Greyhound, or the old Chinatown buses (that were shut down for safety reasons). Everyone seems to have an amazing story about that one time that the bus driver decided to pull off to the side of the road for no apparent reason, or that one seat mate who awkwardly talked to them for the entire ride. In that moment, when one person said, "I have to go catch a bus", we all shared our war stories and bus tips. We then came to a group consensus that when it comes to these discount buses, you absolutely get what you pay for.


No comments:

Post a Comment