Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Last week of CSA

It's really cold out this week, and the last thing I wanted to do tonight was drag myself over to my friend's house to get my share of the CSA (Community Supported Agriculture - we paid up front to get shares of vegetables from a local farm). To tell you the truth, this CSA thing has been kind of a pain. Every week, I have to coordinate with two other people and trek to get a third of a bag of nebulous vegetables that I don't know how to cook. Sounding like a curmudgeon, am I?

Yet...I've had so much fun experimenting. I've tried vegetables that look like dinosaurs, I've been cooking a lot more often, I've felt stronger and healthier, and now, when I look at the produce that's at the store, I feel weird about buying out of season.


I don't always get a chance to see these two particular friends, and I'm going to miss having the routine of knowing I'll see them every week. Looks like it's time to commit to the next CSA season. Who can identify those vegetables in the picture? 

No comments:

Post a Comment