Saturday, May 18, 2013

Nothing's happening here

This evening my friend and I dined at a restaurant that is owned by a teacher at my school. He also happens to be the head chef. The food there is AMAZING - a combination of Egyptian and Italian. Although I'm not a food critic, I insist that you try this place (you'll have to actually comment to get the name!). You can't leave without trying the rice pudding. And I don't even like rice pudding, but this one is to die for. Anyways, I digress.

After enjoying an amazing meal, and noticing that it had started to really rain outside, we went to pay our compliments to said chef.


He thanked us for our praises, and asked how we were getting home. We said we were going to grab a cab.

"Nonsense," he said. "Nothing's happening here. I'll give you a ride." We looked around at the other patrons, stunned. Several people were dining at this restaurant tonight. I would beg to differ that "nothing" was happening there. We insisted that we would be fine, and that he should get back to his other customers. He refused to take no for an answer, and gave us a ride home.

In that moment, and still, I'm completely blown away. Acts like that don't occur every day.

So, you should totally try this restaurant. I can't, however, guarantee that the owner/head chef will give you a ride home too.


2 comments:

  1. What's the name of the restaurant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! It's Aya's Cafe and it's on 21st and Arch. Hope you try it and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete