Thursday, April 18, 2013

A meditative student

You're going to think I planned this. All I'm going to say is that it was an amazing coincidence that just a day after I tried meditating for the first time, I came across one of my 3rd graders in the hallway looking like this:


Now normally, this child is ALL over the place. I mean, she NEVER stops moving or talking. I asked her what was going on.

"TR. JULIE!!" she shouted. "I'M MEDITATING!!"

I told her that in order to meditate, she probably shouldn't be telling me she was meditating.

"MY TEACHER TOLD ME TO COME OUT HERE AND MEDITATE!" she shouted back with glee. "I'M BLOCKING OUT ALL MY THOUGHTS! SEE???"

I told her she was doing a fabulous job and walked back to my office, almost doubling over with laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment