Monday, September 30, 2013

Working from home

This morning I woke up feeling slightly under the weather and automatically started weighing the pros and cons of calling in sick. I then realized that with my new job, I can actually work from home. Not all the time of course, but one day out of the office won't make or break my job. It was a huge relief. As a teacher, I always had to weigh the pros and cons of calling in sick because I knew I would have to deal with whatever repercussions the substitute teacher had left for me. If it was a good sub, I would be fine. If it was a bad sub, I was really in for it the next day. Even if the sub was good, I would feel personally responsible for missing out on a day of learning with the kids. It was a lose-lose situation. As I typed away at home today, drinking my tea, I have never felt so not guilty for staying home sick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment