Thursday, September 12, 2013

Stressful Meditation

This evening, a small group wandered over to a "dollar stroll" event in West Philly. Everything was being sold for a dollar. Great concept, but that also meant standing in line for 30 minutes to get 5 tater tots. Geez, when did I turn into such a curmudgeon? The next think you know, I'll be talking about how uncouth kids are these days...

Anyways, we left early to head back to Center City for a free meditation class. Lately, I've been feeling like I must learn to meditate. The sky was grey and ominous. Suddenly, it was POURING rain, and we three were huddled under one umbrella, waiting for the bus. We started laughing because there was no way we wouldn't get soaked. My friend said, "Why is it that every time I try to go to meditation class, it's so stressful to get there!" Isn't that sometimes how it feels though? Sometimes, when going to yoga, I felt like the hardest part was just getting into that room. Carving out that amount of time can feel pretty taxing.

The rain made the bus late, and we didn't make it to the meditation class on time, but the sentiment of stressing out to mediate really made me think. I'll try another foray into meditation, I think. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment