Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Organization

Organization has never exactly been my strong suit. I'm more of what I like to call myself a "big picture person" which we all know is just another way of saying that details aren't my thing. If you ever come over to my apartment and it seems organized, I'm just containing the clutter.

Suddenly now in my new job I have the responsibility of organizing quite a bit - curriculum, supervising, apples on occasion, spreadsheets, budgets - you name it. One thing the office has been needing has been a bit of material organization so our educators can easily find what they're looking for.

With a team today, we finally organized the supplies. Since the first day I started with this organization I had been told that the room had never been organized and that it would never be organized. I was met with a fair bit of skepticism when I suggested a change, so I was so proud of myself when it was finally accomplished. I wish I had taken a before picture, but here's the after:


Now if I can apply that same motivation to my apartment, I'll be all set! Who out there wants to tell me my apartment will never be organized?? Does reverse psychology really work that well on me??

No comments:

Post a Comment