Sunday, September 8, 2013

Finishing my tea

I love tea. I love boiling the water for tea, I love picking out new and interesting teas, and I love sipping tea. I haven't always loved tea. In fact, I remember distinctly going out for tea at a nice hotel with my best friend from childhood who lived down the street and her mother, and being embarrassed because I didn't like the taste of tea. Somewhere along the line, the taste of tea clicked for me.

Yet I'm constantly leaving my tea unfinished. Sipping tea requires time and sitting still, and so often, I don't do either. I get my tea ready, take two sips, rush around doing who knows what and, before I know it, I'm rushing out the door.

Today, I consciously sat and did nothing, save sipping my tea. It was glorious.


No comments:

Post a Comment