Saturday, June 8, 2013

Red like a heart attack

Yesterday I had an important presentation, and I was extremely nervous. I arrived and quickly realized with a sinking feeling that there was no air conditioning in the room. Since yesterday was humid and rainy, I knew I was in for it.

I am one of those people who sweats at the drop of a hat. I also get violently red at all times. Whenever I go running, after five minutes people act like I'm about to have a heart attack. The combination is, shall we say, not attractive.

A minute into the presentation I realized that there was no going back. I was starting to sweat, and I could feel the redness emanating from my face. I tried to joke about it, and got a few weak laughs.

Near the end of the presentation, someone said, "Maybe we should shut the window, and turn on the AC?" It took all my self-control in that moment to not scream, "AC was an option???!!!"

So for the last ten minutes, I looked somewhat presentable.

No comments:

Post a Comment