Monday, June 24, 2013

One phone call can change everything

It used to be, when you were waiting for a phone call, you would stay home and wait around near a phone like this...



Even when phones started to look like this....


...you would still need to be at home to receive a call. You would check your answering machine in hopes that you would receive that one message, that one phone call that could change everything...

Alas, then (well, skipping a few steps), we stumbled onto these...



....almighty phones you can take anywhere. That means you can literally be staring at your phone several hours per day, willing that one person to call with that one phone call that could be life-changing.

For the past two weeks, I've been waiting for such a phone call. Like a watched pot never boils, I have discovered that a watched phone never rings.



Today, once I declared that I would put my phone in the next room and just enjoy myself at a social gathering. Within ten minutes of doing so, the phone finally rang with news that will change my life for the better. That one moment made the several thousand moments of phone watching and anxiety all worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment