Thursday, June 20, 2013

My hero, the cab driver

My friend and I went to Pet Smart to purchase supplies for her cat to stay at my house while she is in Guatemala this summer. As we stood on Oregon Avenue, arms laden with kitty litter and food, it occurred to us that it might be very difficult to get a cab. After about 40 minutes of waiting for the one we called to come, and missing all the rest, a cab pulled over and a man got out. 

"Are you on duty?" we asked.
"No, " he said, "I'm taking a break."
"Is there any way you could take us home?" we asked.

With just the smallest of sighs, he got back into the car, turned back on his cab light, and we were off. In that moment, he morphed from a mere cab driver...




...into a superhero.


2 comments:

  1. You guys were right down the street from me. I could have been your superhero!

    ReplyDelete