Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Faking it 'till I make it

Today, I sat down with my new intern to tell him about his responsibilities. I've been avoiding this moment for about two months. Why? Not for a lack of tasks to have him accomplish; simply because I haven't wanted to seem like I don't know what I'm doing. I kept telling myself that after more time, I would be the kind of supervisor an intern needed. Finally this week, enough was enough. I realized while talking to this senior in college that believe it or not, I have learned some things in my almost 10 year stint out of college. All of a sudden, while talking to him, I felt distinctly like I looked like I had it together. My grandma has always told me to "fake it 'till I make it", and today, with my fake confidence, I think I fooled my intern...and perhaps myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment