Monday, July 15, 2013

The sweat factor

This might make me gain a few enemies here, but I must confess that I have never worked a job during the summer that has required me to dress up. My summer jobs have consisted of: camp counselor, barista, waitress, etc. Sure, I am affected like everyone else in the heat, but it's never mattered to this extent before.

So my new job is a 40 minute walk, or a 30 minute bus ride in traffic. Naturally, one might think I would want to walk every day, get some exercise, and most importantly save the money (thanks, Dad.) Yet I've been having a bit of a dilemma. When I sweat, I don't look like this:



Or this:

Or even like this:


These women all look lovely despite their sweat. I, on the other hand...well....let's just say that this picture is slightly more accurate:


I've been walking home from work, no problem. I sweat like a pro, and I don't care one bit. Yet the moment that stood out to me the most today was when, walking to work for the first time, I started to sweat, and there was nothing I could do about it. It's gonna be a long, hot summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment