Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The student becomes the teacher

Today I had the pleasure of observing high school students teaching younger kids about healthy eating through our summer program. They put on an amazing show, driving home the points of eating a rainbow of fruits and vegetables, and drinking plenty of water. The kids were mesmerized.

One of these high school "teachers" turned out to be my former student! I taught her in 8th grade two years ago. She was so excited to see me, and I loved watching her in action. It was an amazing moment. Even two years ago, I knew she was so talented at working with younger kids. At one point, one very excited kid called out, and she gently told him to wait. Then she winked at me, as if to say, "You know what kids are like." I loved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment