Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Why I'm so upset that my hairdresser moved to Texas

In my early 20's, this was how I usually looked after getting my hair cut. This was back when I went to places with names like California Cuts where I paid $8 a pop.


Occasionally, I would even try to cut my hair myself.


I've never considered myself to be a high-maintenance kind of hair girl. My basic routine was to wash my hair, let it air dry, comb through it, and hope for the best.


Then, I actually found my own hairdresser. For once, my hair didn't look like Ramona Quimby, age 8. 


My hairdresser convinced me to buy a hairdryer, use some product in my hair, and get my eyebrows waxed. And come back regularly. Before long, I was hooked. Getting my hair cut was actually fun. I didn't cry after I left. This lady and I started to become, well, close. We talked through our relationships. I was getting my hair cut when the news came out that Michael Jackson died, and we mourned together. We exchanged movie and TV recommendations. I followed her when she moved hair salons, and then when she moved hair salons again. When she became a real estate agent and only worked one day a week, I booked my appointments months in advance so I could get in. I was pretty committed. So you can imagine my dismay when I found out she was moving to Texas. 

How will I tell someone new how to cut my hair? How do I start all over? What will I do now?? Do I go back to the Hair Cuttery?

"I think that the most important thing a woman can have - next to talent, of course - is her hairdresser." - Joan Crawford 

1 comment:

  1. I had my hairdresser explain to me what to tell the new person so it would be done right. Good luck finding a new stylist!

    ReplyDelete