Thursday, February 27, 2014

No Other Dish The Same: Guest Blogger: Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies

Dear readers, I'm switching it up a bit with my first guest post! Introducing....LP!

I pride myself on being someone who has tried as many types of cookies as possible, but my attempts at cookies is an entirely different story. Besides heating the occasional ready made stick on cookie dough fresh from the grocery store freezer, I have rarely actually attempted to make legitimate cookies on my own. Although there were those M&M cookies I made about 10 years that turned out well.....but I digress. I am moving on to bigger and better things. Namely Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies! So after what always seems to be the exhausting experience of working my way through the trendy neighborhood market, I had all of the ingredients.....even if they were sprawled across the table in no specific order.






To start, the flour, baking soda and salt (yes salt) were placed together in a bowl as I proceeded to melt the butter on the stove top. I must point out that in an effort to make healthier choices these days, I opted to use whole wheat flour instead of the bleached stuff.


Being the manly man that I am I decided I would not need a blender for the next steps. Certainly, I thought it would be a piece of cake (pun intended) to mix the gooey bowl of flour, butter, sugar, yolk, yogurt and vanilla all at once. So you're probably wondering to yourself "how did that work out for you"? My reply would be....that it did not. With the aid of new age technology I was able to finally mix the dough with added chocolate chips to boot. Now it was time to really get down to business.



With the cookie dough now set, I was able to add the Nutella. It took everything in me not to grab a big spoon and go to town on the jar like it was a pint of Ben & Jerry's froyo but my zen like qualities prevent such events from happening. After placing a small spoonful of Nutella into the center of each cookie it was off to the oven they go and the rest is history. I became the proud father of warm delicious Nutella chocolate chip cookies and then I ATE THEM! With some help of course : )




3 comments: