Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The moment when your hairdresser becomes your friend

I've known my hairdresser for 7 years. Previously, I've always gone to the Hair Cuttery, or a permutation of that ilk. One of my most infamous mistakes in college was going to a place called California Cuts, which only cost $8. I would always leave there crying at how horrible my hair looked, yet I would always go back. When I moved to Philadelphia, I sought out a more permanent solution. Now, my current hairdresser knows all about my job, my personal life, and my favorite TV shows. She's been with me through all my highs and lows over the past few years. When I gave her a hug after we were done today, I realized that, although my haircuts don't cost $8 anymore, the relationship and the lack of tears are all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment