Sunday, November 10, 2013

Parking wars? Not so much.

I've been lucky enough to borrow my friend's car for a short period of time. So many times I wish I had a car - for groceries, the opportunity to just pop out of town on a whim, etc. The only issue is that parking in Philly is tricky. During my first month in Philly, I managed to get my brother's car towed two times. So while having access to a car is amazing, the never ending problem is of course where to park it! Trying to park a car on a Sunday evening in Philly? Even more impossible.


I drove around and around the one block I could remember where I could leave a car for more than two hours, and finally was in the process of trying to parallel park in a very narrow street when....a couple walking by motioned for me to roll down my window. Great, I thought. They're going to lecture me on how I shouldn't be trying to park in that spot...which I already know! I braced myself for what I thought was going to an episode of parking wars - wasn't parking wars actually based on Philadelphia?


Instead, one of them said, "You know, we're walking to my car, and I'm going to move out of a spot - do you want to take it?" I gratefully accepted, followed them to their car (yes, I know that sounds super sketchy), and finally parked the car. All is well! Until I try to move it...

1 comment: