Wednesday, March 12, 2014

No Other Dish The Same: Blue Apron's Manhattan Fish Chowder

Imagine a world where your dinner ingredients are delivered in a box.


That box contains three easy to follow recipes:


Recipes that have pictures on them are always the best!!!! It helps for the recipe-challenged like me at least. Oh, and all of the ingredients are pre-proportioned out:


Even right down to the tiny bottle of Tabasco sauce:


It's a magical, magical thing. It was so easy! I just chopped everything up...


....and cooked it right up!


Woohoo!!!


It was sooooo much fun!


Blue Apron is a pretty cool website, and it really helps when your amazing friend gives you a free trial. With that one albeit huge box, I had three meals just waiting to be prepared. I will say that there was way too much packaging included. Yet it seems to solve some main cooking frustrations - grocery shopping, choosing what to buy, having too much of one ingredient, etc. It definitely has kept me from going out as much as I might have this week. I also wouldn't have thought of making the three dishes for this week: Manhattan Fish Chowder, Chicken Shawarma with tzatziki, hummus and beet salad and Braised Carrots, Mushrooms and Brussels Sprouts with Creamy Polenta. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the Braised Carrots, Mushrooms and Brussels Sprouts with Creamy Polenta, but I'm replacing the mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete